Thursday, May 28, 2015

Waiting....



This is my orchid plant. I've had it for a little over two years. When it was given to me it was in bloom. The flowers faded pretty quickly and hoping to keep it alive I did a bit of research on how to care for it and have been doing my best. It's rewarded me with growing several new leaves and in the past couple of months spiked two bloom stalks. As I have been excitedly watching the bloom stalks develop and the one in front grow several buds I have been doing a lot of thinking on waiting.

Waiting is hard. I don't particularly like it, especially when it comes to waiting for my children to come home. But I am convinced it is necessary and is the only way we can effectively grow in many areas.

We are waiting to be matched with our future daughter. We are in the adoption process again. I said I didn't ever want to do it again only because of the excruciating waiting involved. But I will do anything for my children and so I am in the desert of waiting.

This time it won't require trips half way across the world like it did to bring my sons home from Ethiopia. We are waiting on the domestic system this time. But not trusting in it. That is what I keep reminding myself of everyday that goes by without a phone call.

The system is so broken. The world is so broken. And God knows this full well. 

As I have been watching my orchid buds start to swell and gain a bit of color I've thought how to see a beautiful flower of any kind bloom you have to wait for it. It will bloom in it's own time at it's own speed. If you try to force it to bloom you would only destroy the bud and would never see the fully formed flower. God has so graciously given us clear examples to answer some of the whys we all struggle with and for me, my orchid plant has given me hope to hang on to during our wait that God is indeed working and at the perfect time and with the perfect child our family will bloom together.

For now, we wait.



No comments: