Sunday, August 9, 2015

Catching Up

Well hello there....a bit of time lapsed didn't it. Nothing new to report since my last two posts. Just waiting. 

In the time since last writing we enjoyed a fabulous trip to San Diego. Oh how I loved to be back by the ocean. I thought after a week I'd be so ready to come home. I wasn't. But home we did go, which is good :)


The best place we found was La Jolla Cove. Right up my alley as it was a small beach, lots of wildlife to watch and beautiful water. The kids had so much fun!!


We saw tons and tons of sea lions and a few seals. The sea lions are so noisy and very fun to watch. Way better than going to Sea World. Of course there were sea gulls and we got to see a pair of them with their babies. Lots of other water fowl and we experienced a rare "red tide" of tuna crabs.




 It was such a beautiful trip. 


Otherwise our time has been spent making a few trips down to Beaver Creek for some practice at the new skill of swimming with a life jacket on. All the kids got the hang of it on the San Diego trip which was one of my goals for them so I was so happy they got it!


And they can all now ride a bike without training wheels! Zachary has known how for a couple years now but Ayana and Makaio still hadn't mastered it. Within one weekend of practicing they got it. So we've been having a good summer and I am so thankful for the family I have.






1 comment:

Davi said...

Looks like a great time at the beach Leah!! Cant believe how big the kids are getting!!